Every company knows their business depends solely on how well their employees work together. A sour environment can make the most innovative and successful company lose business quickly. Most companies relieve their employee’s pressures through activities and games geared toward team building. Countries such as Japan have made such practices part of their employees lives, that it is known worldwide. For instance, before employees work they exercise together as a group for up to an hour. Team-building outdoor activities help motivate, rejuvenate and teach employees how to work effectively as one unit. There are five non-competitive outdoor team building activities sure to be fun and educational:
1. Role Playing Games The same concept of members role playing work scenarios can be updated and taken outside. Team members are given a specific role to play as a team. For instance, the scenario may be for the team to go on a spy mission. They would be given a map or instructions telling them there is an object or a person they need to retrieve from a secure location. These games will not only be fun, but are an unforgettable tool that depends solely on members working hard together for a positive outcome.
2. Softball, Volleyball One game that definitely takes a team working as one is softball. Even a team member who may tout themselves as being the best will need to depend on their teammates to get to the next base. Volleyball is another team dependent sport which players must weld their skills together. It will take all nine members to get the ball in as little of hits across the net. Also, they must communicate with one another when the ball comes toward two players. Companies may fear that sports will do just the opposite in team building with the drive of competition causing ill feelings from the losing team. Continuously creating new teams among employees, will reduce that competitive edge.
3. Wilderness Survivor Course Members are placed in a wilderness setting as a team to play off of their survival skills. Team members will be issued limited resources such as food and water. They will have to survive on the small rations for the duration of the exercise. Members will have to depend on one another for survival and to map their way out safely, and quickly by gathering their collective knowledge in order to survive.
4. Kayaking Kayaking may not be for everyone, but it is definitely a teambuilding outdoor activity that depends on all involved to work together. In order for members to get the kayak down the river they will have to row their paddles in synch. Also, if the kayak turns over it will take every member to get the kayak back over and help each other to get back in.
5. Obstacle Course Survivability skills can be tested again with the set up of a traditional obstacle course. Players will be challenged to work together to get an ‘injured’ member to the end of the course. The person can be replaced with a log or any large object to get across without dropping. Through outdoor activities for teambuilding, employees who may not get a chance to interact with one another will have a fun way to learn about one another and have a chance to engage in a fun activity together. These outdoor activities for teambuilding requires the same kind of concentration and unity that they encounter while in the work place. Whether through role playing or through working together to kayak down the river, any business can benefit from their employees participating in these outdoor activities.
No matter what your situation is, it’s not impossible to find the funds you need to take care of your cosmetic surgery needs. Whether you are looking to have work done on your face or you need carpal tunnel syndrome treatment, there are ways to get the funds you need.
Friends and Family
The first stop most people make when they need funds for a cosmetic surgery project is their friends and family. Friends and family want to see you succeed and they want to help you reach your goals in life. Instead of asking one person to fund your entire project, you could see if a lot of people are willing to help you with little bits of help. These bits add up.
The “friends and family” tip leads into the next option which is known as crowdfunding. Crowdfunding campaigns allow you to solicit donations from people anywhere in the world who may be interested in helping you. You’ll need to come up with a compelling video to talk people into donating, but it’s one option that is always there for you to try.
Public Assistance and Grants
Certain types of cosmetic surgery options are covered by government assistance programs. These cosmetic surgery options are usually very limited in scope and they often require the surgery to be tied to your mental state of being. For example, there are many states that offer assistance to women receiving breast implants after a mastectomy. You’ll need to learn about what options are available in your area to see if you qualify for any of these assistance programs.
Loans and Credit
Depending on the procedure, you may be able to get a line of credit that will cover the cost of the project. Some cosmetic surgery procedures will cost more than most credit limits will allow. However, there are many procedures that can be covered through loans or credit cards when you don’t have the cash on hand. This can be a great way to get what you need and pay in installments.
Work Out Financing with Your Doctor
Most doctors provide financing options for their patients that can help to lessen the financial burden of the procedure. You may have to go through a credit check to qualify for these financing options, but they can be a great option if you qualify for them.
photos by: Bhakua & Neeta Lind
This is a sponsored post of Tourisme-Montreal.Org
A great spa getaway is a much-needed vacation for many people looking to just relax and have fun. Planning out your trip is such an important aspect to your vacation because it ensures that everything goes as smoothly as possible. One thing to keep in mind is that you want to make your plans ahead of time. By planning ahead, you will be able to save time, money and get the exact type of vacation that you want. This includes booking hotels and spa appointments for yourself and your family.
One of the first steps to having a successful spa getaway would be to find the right MONTRÉAL hotels that meet your needs. There are many hotels in this particular city that already have spas attached to them. You might even be able to save money in the spa if you are a guest in the hotel. The great thing is that you can do most of the research you need right on the computer before even booking a room. This gives you the chance to read reviews and see exactly what your hotel is offering so that you know it is the right one for you.
Another thing that you will want to keep in mind is that booking a room early on is going to save you money. Hotels often charge their highest rates to those who come last minute for a room. If you have your room booked weeks or even months in advance, chances are that you will have the lowest rate possible. The time of year you go to Montreal is also something that will vary as far as hotel rates are concerned. If you are afraid of going over budget and do not want to deal with crowds, be sure to visit the area during its off-season.
Your next spa getaway can be a true success as long as you plan and prepare for it well in advance. Know what type of hotel you would like to stay in and then figure out if it has a spa inside of it or where the nearest spa really is if you decide to stay there. By doing things this way, you can be sure that your entire spa getaway is a lot of fun for you and for anyone who you happen to bring with you. Keeping a budget is also going to come in handy for anyone taking a vacation like this.
Photos By: peaumontreal, s3.sfw-cdn & 1.bp
Are you going to visit Ottawa soon, but are you looking for ways to stay healthy while you are there? Maybe you are concerned that spending all of your time in the city could be unhealthy because you will not get much exercise. Instead, you will spend your time eating and drinking at all of the great restaurants and bars in the city. If you are looking for things to do Ottawa residents love because of the health benefits, you have come to the right place. Below are three activities that you may want to consider while you are in town.
Hiking in the Ottawa Valley
There are a lot of great hiking trails if you are in Ottawa during the spring, the fall, or the summer. For example, you could set off on the Terrances Trail. It is around two kilometers long, so it is not going to wear you out, but it still provides for a great walk that you can take durning an afternoon. The trail takes you through some very scenic areas that are perfect if you want to take pictures or really enjoy the beauty of the wilderness around the city.
Kayaking and Canoeing
Next, you could think about heading over to Black Lake. This is a gorgeous inland lake that is a very popular destination for those who love to go kayaking or canoeing. It is large enough that you will be able to spend as long as you want on the water, but not so large that it has rough waves and choppy seas. It provides a relatively calm experience so that you can get some exercise and enjoy the day. In the summer, the lake is also a good place to go swimming; many people will bring their boats out into the deep water and dive.
Cycling and Mountain Biking
For some exercise that will also let you cover a lot of ground and really go exploring, why not try cycling or mountain biking? This is a great way to stay in shape without the pounding stress that running puts on your knees. You can head over the Green’s Creek Trails for the best biking around, whether you want to ride on the trails or go on an off-roading adventure. Ottawa has a lot of cycling shops where you can pick up any of the gear that you need before hitting the trails.